Venetian blinds as we know them can be dated back to 1760. However, they became trendy only in the 1930s in New York, when aluminium Venetian blinds started to be produced and used to regulate air and light inside offices.Over the years, thanks to important advances in the production process, Venetian blinds have become increasingly popular to the point that now they are commonly used in houses and apartments as well as offices.Venetian blinds are a home accessory that can be adapted to the dimensions of any window and suit any style of decor.Designed from horizontal slats attached one above the other, they are kept in position and regulated through the use of cords and rods.The variety of Venetian blinds available on the market is so large that you will be sure to find the perfect model for your needs.
Advantages of Venetian Blinds
Aside from their objective beauty, Venetian blinds are also convenient. Venetian blinds offer you total control when it comes to regulating the lighting in your home, and they are very good for ensuring privacy.
- On a sunny day, by simply tilting the slats, you will be able to diffuse the light and reduce dazzle without blocking the light out. This will also protect your furniture and textiles from the damage that direct light can cause.
- On a cloudy day, you will be able to let in as much light as possible simply by adjusting the slats, without having to free the window of its dressing and completely lose your privacy.
If you are changing the decor of your home, or are making some renovations, you should certainly consider Venetian blinds as a solution for your windows.There are various types of blinds to choose from, with different characteristics depending on your needs: such as, the colour and materials of the blinds – like wood or aluminium, the control mechanism – manual or automatic, and even the dimensions of the slats.
Advantages of 15 mm Slim Venetian blinds
In a previous article, we demonstrated how to choose the right dimension for the slats of a blind – a key element from both a functional and aesthetic perspective.15mm Slim Venetian Blinds are a solution that reduces encumbrance and improves the interior design of small spaces, while still keeping functionality and durability over time.They are a significant innovation, offering numerous advantages.These are the main ones:
- They can be used on sliding frames and spaces for a minimalist style.
- Their maintenance is effortless, and they don’t need to be washed – you will just need a damp towel or feather duster. Nothing more to do!
- They can suit any home perfectly as they can adapt to any style of interior design: from boho chic or country, to industrial or ultra-modern decor.
- They are very easy to install both on the wall or the ceiling.
- They take up very little room, and they are very practical on small dimension windows, such as in the kitchen or bathroom, but also in offices and on partition walls.
6 technical features of 15 mm Slim Venetian blinds
After having listed their advantages – let now take a look at the technical features of 15 mm Venetian blinds made by Sunbell.
15 mm Slim Venetian blinds made by Sunbell feature a 22mm extruded aluminium head rail which is also powder coated and provided with sun-shield.
The bottom rail is also designed in 22mm wide, powder coated extruded aluminium. It’s also completely sealed and doesn’t present un-aesthetic bottom rail buttons.
15 mm Slat
The 15 mm slat is designed and produced with a special 0.21 mm aluminium and manganese alloy. It’s resistant to corrosion, quenched, treated and painted while still hot, with lead-free paint to guarantee luminosity and long durability.
The lifting movement is achieved through a cord stopper with a toothed roller and a comb separator. The orientation movement is managed by a polyurethane rod with a hook connection.
Ladder cord and lift cord
The 15 mm Venetian Blind is designed with a Terylene 100% polyester multiwire ladder and lift cord, heat-set for high resistance to stretching and breaking with anti-UV ray treatment.
The connector features a useful cord separator, very handy during the lifting movement. For more information, please take a look at our guide here.