When talking about influencers or webstars, we often picture images of beautiful women and handsome men involved in activities around travel, beauty and fashion.
However, in the last few years, the design world has also gained popularity in the digital space, and many influencers have begun their rise to popular success.
Famous architects and designers established worldwide share suggestions about furniture, projects, creative ideas and important events with their followers.
Doing so, they offer inspiration and become advisors for anyone looking for ideas and suggestions about their homes.
Having the chance to discover new trends and find out about innovative solutions by simply following your favourite influencers puts the entire design world just a few clicks away.
Thanks to the Influencer Marketing Hub, we can discover the best 2020 design influencers for your home and garden.
This list is based on Instagram accounts and takes into consideration the number of followers, engagement and engagement rate.
The best design influencers according to Influencer Marketing Hub
Let’s take a look at the ten best design influencers to follow online, according to Influencer Marketing Hub.
- At the top of this ranking, we find Joanna Stevens Gaines from the US: born in Kansas and raised in Texas, she has founded, together with her husband, a design-focused company called Magnolia Homes;
- In second place comes 5-Minute Crafts, an American YouTube channel with many DIY ideas, owned by TheSoul Publishing;
- In third place, from the UK, is Sophie Hinchliffe, also known as Mrs Hinch. She became famous in 2018 when she started showing her clean and immaculate house on Instagram. Her account suddenly went viral, reaching 1 million followers in only three months;
- In fourth place, Architectural Digest, a magazine about furniture, art and design. Everyday, its Instagram account features the latest news, trends and most influential people of these industries;
- Fifth place goes to Gauri Khan, from Mumbai, India, a production designer who has also designed spaces for personalities such as Roberto Cavalli and Ralph Lauren;
- In sixth place we find Magnolia, the Instagram account of Joanna Stevens Gaines’s magazine;
- Seventh place is for Inspire Me! Home Decor, a lifestyle brand founded in 2012 by Farah Merhi, capable of bringing classic, elegant and glamorous designs into homes around the world;
- In eighth place is H&M Home Sweden, a great source of inspiration for interior design and furniture accessories;
- Ninth place is for Interior Design & Architecture, a design magazine created by Zahira Cury, architect and interior designer. This space presents suggestions, trends, ideas and inspirations to create an elegant and comfortable atmosphere;
- In tenth place, Zara Home Spain offers suggestions for furniture and accessories for your home.
The best Italian design influencers for Marketing Hub
When attempting a search focused on a specific nation like Italy, we discovered that, according to Influencer Marketing Hub, the best Italian influencers are still:
- Maisons du Monde Italia;
- Lago Design, offering modular design solutions for your home;
- Andrea Castrignano, an Italian interior designer, also creator of Andrea Castrignano Lighting;
- My House Idea, which provides inspirations for your home and furniture ideas.
Obviously, this ranking only offers you a number of ideas about the best Instagram influencers to follow.
From our side, we would like to suggest a few more noteworthy Italian influencers:
- Edoardo Tresoldi, the designer of some incredible transparent and surreal architectures;
- Camilla Bellini, in her Instagram bio she describes herself as a Designer and Design Blogger. Her passion, evident in the content she produces, nourishes an expertise in the sector that is the result of years of study dedicated to interior design and architecture. With a declared love for Made in Italy, Camilla narrates the beauty of Italian design and architecture, with a very distinctive aesthetic mood;
- Ilaria Chiaratti, from IDA Interior LifeStyle, a photographer of interiors with a great love for design, especially from northern Europe.
There are many design influencers with popular Instagram accounts out there, and thanks to quick and straightforward research, you will be able to find the one closest to your taste and your design needs.
We hope to have given you a good overview that will help you find your way amongst the most popular online design influencers from around the world.