The choice of window treatments for a hotel needs to go hand in hand with the style of decor and the overall design of the establishment we take in consideration.
Afterall tourist accommodations need to provide visitors with a relaxing environment where to spend hours in peace and tranquillity for both leisure and work.
This is why furnishing the different area of a hotel, but in particular the bedrooms, in a way that can inspire cleanness, comfort and wellbeing, will become a competitive advantage for your hotel and it will make it instantly more attractive for potential customers.
Although it is not easy to achieve, the objective here, is really simple: as soon as he enters, your client needs to feel comfortable and at ease.
Let’s take a look at how to choose window treatments for a hotel, taking in consideration both practical and aesthetic elements.
What we are talking about in this article
Hotel window treatments: choice of design
As mentioned, hotel rooms have to be designed to be welcoming, paying attention to details plays a significant role in achieving this result.
From furniture to linens, from colors of the walls to the choice of window treatments, everything plays a part in satisfying your client.
Here are some few suggestions to follow when choosing the most suitable window treatment:
- the fabrics of your blinds or curtains need to combine well with tapestry and the linens, to create a uniform and pleasant atmosphere for the bedroom. We suggest using high-quality fabrics that won’t risk looking cheap. However, the choice of materials will also depend on the type of establishment we are talking about and its clientele;
- It’s preferable to use neutral colours for your windows, especially if the room is already full of furniture or if it’s a room of small dimensions. Lighter shades increase the sense of depth of a space;
- It’s recommended that curtains or blind provide a distinctive and comforting feeling to the room while also blending well with the surrounding decor. Before purchasing blinds or curtains, it’s essential to consider the dimension and of the window frame, the background and color;
- Curtains that need regular dry cleaning carry high maintenance costs, so it’s probably advisable to choose solutions that are simple and quick to clean;
- The most important thing to do before purchasing your blinds or curtains is to measure precisely the area where they will be hanged to facilitate their installation and make sure that window treatment chosen fits perfectly with the window.
The functionality is also another essential aspect to consider when choosing the best possible solution for your windows.
Choosing hotel window treatments: privacy, efficiency and safety
Window treatments play an essential role when furnishing a hotel room because they perform numerous functions: they offer thermal insulation, they guarantee privacy to your guests, and they contribute to the soundproofing of the room.
Safety is also another vital element to be considered.
Thermal and acoustic insulation
Thermal and acoustic insulation are essential elements to make a space comfortable so, when you choosing your blinds or curtains, you should also take in consideration the ability that your client will have to manage the intensity of light and exposure to noises.
Heavy curtains can help to soundproof a room; however, it’s advisable to choose solutions made of layers with a thinner fabric used together with a thicker one to make sure that your clients can place them as they wish.
The majority of hotels prefer easy maintenance solutions and long-lasting fabrics. This usually makes heavy synthetic curtains a popular choice as they can go through periodical washes without wearing out.
The downside of this type of curtains is the fact that they tend to accumulate dust and allergens as well as they don’t help much a room’s ventilation.
When it comes to the topic of safety, we need to mention how, in most countries, curtain fabrics need to be fireproof by law.
This type of materials also needs to be used for offices and other public places like hospitals, schools and restaurants.
When in doubts, your local fire brigade might be able to advise you and certify whether a material is fireproof or not.
What window treatment to choose for a hotel bedroom
After having discussed the practical and functional characteristics, how do you choose the best option for you?
You should favour solutions with an easy, practical and economical installation system that will allow you to periodically take your curtains down to wash and avoid having to use professional help for the job.
If you want to look further into this topic, we suggest you to read our article where we explain how to measure your window for the installation of your blinds.
An excellent alternative to cumbersome drapes, especially in the case of modern and elegant facilities, is to opt for blinds internal to double glazing that will offer your guests the opportunity to manage the intensity of light and heat in a simple and straightforward way and they are also easy to install and they will last for a very long time.
On top of that, these types of systems won’t accumulate dust, won’t take space in your room and they are also fireproof.
As we have seen, hotel window treatments are important for aesthetic and functional reasons.
To choose the best solutions for your needs, you have to consider many elements that characterize your facility like its style and level of service provided, but without forgetting the most important one: client satisfaction.