Traditional fabric curtains are becoming less and less suitable for a modern, intense and fast-paced style of living.
We rarely find time to take down curtains, clean them, iron them and eventually put them back up, even if it becomes necessary due to the accumulation of dust and allergens.
If you are looking for good alternatives to standard curtains, here are three suggestions to find functional, versatile and suitable solutions for any style and necessity.
Di cosa parliamo in questo articolo
Venetian Blinds: modern, elegant and versatile
Venetian blinds are a great alternative to cumbersome fabric curtains which accumulate dust and requires constant maintenance and regular cleaning.
They are discrete and functional, featuring a mechanism that can be both manual or automatic and that, by simply pulling a cord, makes the slats of the blinds virtually disappear, allowing a complete view of the outside.
Venetian blinds also facilitate better and more efficient filtering of the light, as you can orient the slats depending on your needs, while also offering you better control of your privacy.
If you think about it, when using traditional fabric curtains, you only have two options: open or closed. If you need more privacy, you can only keep them closed, preventing both the sun and fresh air from having easy access to your home.
Thanks to Venetian blinds, you will be able to set the slats in a way that will let the sun come in but also will give you complete privacy.
From a stylistic point of view, Venetian blinds are extremely versatile, capable of adapting to any style of design:
- Standards: a great classic, suitable for any space
- Aluminium: perfect for modern spaces, offices and commercial activities
- Single Control System: ideal for smaller spaces as well as spaces with simple and minimal designs
- Wood: Elegant and refined – a great classic given the timeless beauty of this material.
The bottom line here is: there is a perfect solution for everyone.
Roller blinds: One word, simplicity
Another great alternative to traditional fabric curtains is roller blinds. The two key elements of this type of blinds are practicality and simplicity.
Yes, they are extremely easy to use, they are suitable for both small and large windows, and they are available in so many different colours and patterns that will let you spoiled for choice!
They are particularly suitable for rooms like kitchen and bathrooms where vapour and odours tend to be more present.
Another advantage of this type of blind is that they are available in a large number of colours and types of fabrics.
These are the solutions offered by Sunbell:
- Screen: double plaited weave which facilitates the creation of different filtering effects and therefore suitable for any space.
- Blackout: they protect from sunlight and warmth thanks to their thermal insulation ability.
- Sound-absorbing: Given their composition, these fabrics are perfect for reducing reverberation inside a space.
- Trevira: they are the ideal choice for anyone who wants to furnish their home in a modern style.
- Reflecting: They offer protection from the heat, preventing the spaces from overheating.
If you’d like more information, take a look at our guide for roller blinds.
Venetian blinds internal to double glazing: innovation and efficiency
The third alternative that we want to present you it’s the most original and innovative: double glazing Venetian blinds.
As you know, double glazing is the space between two layers of glass fitted inside the window frame. In this cavity, it is possible to insert a Venetian blind that will be eventually sealed inside the window.
What are the benefits of this?
- No dust, as the blind is inserted inside a sealed space, it won’t be exposed to dust, pollen and other impurities. This quality makes them the perfect choice for people who suffer from allergy or asthma.
- Less maintenance – the risk of shocks, wrong handling, etc is massively reduced as there is no need to touch them directly.
- No encumbrance, as the blind is fitted inside the window and you won’t have the issue of curtains or other solutions cluttering your space.
This is a new, technological advanced solution, available both with manual or automatic control systems, with a wall switch or remote control.
The blinds inside the double glazing allow you total control of the luminosity and privacy, getting rid of all the negative characteristics of other types of window fixtures fitted outside the glass (encumbrance, accumulation of dust, etc.)
On top of that, being such an advanced technological solution, they can also be connected to a mobile app that will enable you to control all your windows thanks to a centralised system, directly from your phone.
As you can see, there are efficient alternatives compared to the classic curtain blinds. Depending on your taste, you will be able to choose between, Venetian blinds, roller blinds or blinds for inside double glazing.
The choice is yours!