Window blinds are an important furnishing accessory for our home. They affect both the aesthetic and functional aspects of our house allowing you to regulate light, shadow, privacy as you want.
But this is not all..
According to the principle of Feng Shui, blinds can influence also the life and wellbeing of a family.
If you want to know more, read on!
Di cosa parliamo in questo articolo
What is Feng Shui
Feng Shui is an antique Chinese philosophy based on living in harmony and prosperity with nature, offering an exterior as well as internal, personal wellbeing.
The most important space in our lives is our home, the place where we spend most of our time. For this reason, Feng Shui offers you suggestions and solutions to let positive energy flow freely around the house.
Windows and blinds are some of the most important elements of our homes and the choice of colors and materials for them can really influence the flux of this positive energy.
So, how to choose the most suitable Feng Shui blinds?
Here are some useful tips…
Choose the right colors and materials
Feng Shui refers to 5 elements – instead of the four considered in astrology – associated with colors, seasons and planets.
Every single one of us belongs to an element, determined by our date of birth, and choosing blinds that can evoke this element will determine our harmony and the harmony of the space where we live.
The choice of appropriate tones and materials based on these elements can improve your living comfort:
- Wood: if you belong to this element choose tones like green and brown and neutral materials such as wood. The ideal choice for you is Venetian blind with natural or matt wood;
- Fire: this element is characterized by red and purple tones. The choice of materials will need to go towards artificial fibers;
- Earth: in this case, yellow, amber and rust are the best tones to combine with natural materials;
- Metal: this element move across white, golden, grey and silver tonalities. The most suitable blinds here are extruded aluminum Venetian blinds that will guarantee you long durability in time;
- Water: choose blue or black colors. Pick always natural materials like cotton roll-ups blinds.
These elements define an ideal circle to balance our life: the wood is nourished by water, fire by wood, earth by fire, metal by earth and water from metal.
So, after having discovered your element, try to remember that you need to choose a color and materials that balance your element but also choose fundraising accessories that can nourish your element.
Once you have found your Feng Shui element and consequently the one that nourishes it, you need to be careful not to “overdo it” with colors as you will obtain the opposite effect, making the space chaotic and not very harmonious.
Here are a few things to bear in mind:
- Don’t use too much red or too much black: the first can cause too much excitement and the second can have a depressing effect and can bring negativity;
- The color of blinds needs to be in harmony with walls and ceiling. In Feng Shui the ceiling represents the paradise, the floor is the earth and the walls represent human beings. For this reason, the color of the wall needs to be a tone in between the two (darker than the ceiling but lighter than the floor) in order to make the rooms as harmonious as possible;
- Avoid pink blinds because, despite the romantic atmosphere created by this color, in terms of Feng Shui, this color represents irritability, anxiety, and irritability;
- Choose blinds with light colors for your bedroom like gray and light blue, to obtain a calm and relaxed environment. Bright colors might make more difficult to sleep well.
Avoid heavy materials
With regards to fabrics, you should avoid thick materials that, according to Feng Shui, would prevent good luck from entering your home.
Thick materials could also create a sense of boredom and, still according to Feng Shui, making your family feel stressed and negatively affecting their health.
If you want to optimize the managing of natural light you can choose Venetian blinds, roll-ups, blind internal to the double glazing made of light material, efficient, practical and easy to use.
How to use your blinds to improve Feng Shui
Blinds play an important role to improve the flux of energy in your house. Here is what you need to do:
- Open your blinds during the day to allow the light to shine through your house and to let positive energy through;
- Keep Closed blinds at night: do not leave your window ‘exposed’ has this will bring you bad luck;
- The blinds need to be of natural material. Here is why we suggest you the use of Venetian blind made of wood or roll-ups made of cotton;
- Make sure that your blinds can open and close easily;
- Keep your blinds and the glass clean as they will help fresh energy to come into the house;
- Use blinds to change the color of your rooms and accordingly to the specifics that each room should have.
If you believe in Feng Shui the best way to decorate your home is to choose blinds that can attract positive energy and that will make your home feel perfect and harmonious.